9.29.2010

Sigh...

 

 

Meal time...it's often the most frustrating time of the day...if you don't count the temper tantrums when we leave the toys in the check out aisle at the supermarket (hey, thanks, to the people who put those there) and the deliberate shouting to wake up Landon when I've finally got him to sleep (rare, but yes, she does). Sometimes every bite seems like a war to be won, a bribe that isn't accepted, a test of strengths and headbutts. It's not always like that, but sometimes...sigh...I just want to call for reinforcements, go sit in the bathtub or, at least twice a day, laugh out loud at how ridiculous it all is. Yeah, the laughing when a toddler is shrieking isn't always the best. Is it good that she often starts laughing too? But it's so not funny. Yet, I was that kid who couldn't keep a straight face when someone in class was getting told off. And now I'm that mom. Ooops. But mark my words...it's not always funny. Like when there's berry yogurt on my new rug, or chi-chi on my new couch, or splintered puzzle pieces under my every step and the freezer door has been left open and everything is defrosted (and the ice maker is broken...sigh) and the kitchen I took all of yesterday's naptime cleaning looks worse than ever. And the crazy thing is, Samara is the EASY one. Infants are so much more work, that's for sure. And Landon is one of the easy ones. That all said, it's been one of those days...I'm zonked...I know, I know, the hours are fleeting, the sleeplessness is not forever, the terrible-twos are actually only in low dose around here, and one day, yeah, I'm gonna miss this, but when you're 4 days unshowered, 4 months without a 4 hour stretch of sleep, and not getting much of anything accomplished today, you just need to sigh.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:



Popular Posts

Go back in Dosch time...