9.30.2010

Get this

Well I'll be. Around 7:00pm last night, Steve took me by the hand upstairs to where the bedroom and bathroom were lit only with candles, a pile of mindless magazines were by the door, my chilled (by not overly iced-read below) gin and tonic by their side, and I was given a break. A real, absolute, take it and never leave it break. Wow. Now, months ago, weeks ago, I would have been a foolish hero and said I don't need it, but last night, you gave me an inch, I took a mile, and boy, was it blissful. Steve took Landon and Samara for a walk, the house was perfectly quiet, and it was just what I needed. He really is the best. What's more, we had pizza for dinner, after the bath I went to the supermarket ALONE, and to CVS just with Sammy, and the evening was bliss. Landon was asleep by 7:30pm, you see, and while that is a recipe for disaster for the rest of the night, sometimes I'll trade in a not-so-good night's sleep for an-oh-so-restful evening. And it worked. He woke up at 10:30pm (he's like a clock) and we were downstairs half an hour later with a leaky diaper and a goofy, wide-eyed grin, but it was a good night after all, all thanks to my hubby. And he doesn't even read this!

0 comments:



Popular Posts

Go back in Dosch time...