5.19.2008

Paving the Way...

We just got back from the U.S. Embassy here in Bogota where I was approved for Permanent Residence! Hooray. After A LOT of hard work in getting all the 300+ pages of forms, police certificates, financial statements and so on, this is WONDERFUL news. Now Baby will have parents who can go through the same line at the airport. I can also get a job to help support our growing family now which is a relief. Look for me at a McDonald's near you!
On Saturday we had our ultrasound and appointment with Fernie. Everything was great! The ultrasound doctor went from saying things were 'normal' to 'super normal' to 'perfecto!' I asked what distinguished one from another and he just laughed. When he was measuring Baby's tummy I said to Steve, "Oh good, baby looks fat," and it turns out the doctor understood the word fat and said, no, "No tan fat." It was very funny. Anyway, it turns out Baby really isn't tan fat, weighing just under 5lbs so Fernie has ordered me to 5 days of rest. Much like Santa Clause, he seemed very jolly writing my official excuse from work to sit on my backside and watch TV. I am going to go to school tomorrow and Wednesday, since I missed today for the Embassy, but I am looking forward to resting on Thursday and Friday. It has been go, go, go for so long now and if a little r&r will add some rolls to Baby's thighs, I'll do anything!
I'm still not totally sure what a contraction is, but I think I'm starting to recognize them. My tummy sometimes gets really, really hard and I get this intense cramping. It's not so bad if I can walk it off, but if I'm sitting, like on the bus back from school or the Embassy this morning, or lying in bed, the pain can be pretty startling. I am sure it's nothing compared to what's ahead, but for now, I actually prefer being on my feet!
My friend, Jennifer is due to have her baby any day now and I'm so excited for her. I've just discovered Baby Registries too, so I'm perusing the lists of current expectant mothers and other friends who already delivered to get ideas. What a lot of stuff is out there! We can't wait to get back to Boston to set up a home for the three of us... With my entry visa stamped in and Baby getting so ridiculously strong in there, the time is almost here!

0 comments:



Popular Posts

Go back in Dosch time...