5.15.2008

40 days and 40 nights

Hooray - only 40 days to go! Please, please go fast! While I know you should never wish your life away, we are wishing one here! Thank goodness May is half over. My tummy is very heavy now and it's not unusual to see a strong elbow or entire shin sticking way out into the air in front of me. It's pretty unmistakable and admittedly, when I'm sitting in certain positions and watching very closely, it sometimes shocks even me. I'm still afraid my pizza-dough dream will come true! My tummy has been really, really itchy, too. My Colombian colleagues keep yelling at me for scratching, saying I'm going to get stretch marks, but I'm counting on my Palmer's Cocoa Butter for that! I've had a few nights when I've woken up actually shouting from the terrible cramps in my legs, but they're usually better after 5 or 10 minutes of massaging and walking around. The veins haven't gotten any worse, thankfully. After weeks of hardly being able to go to the bathroom for the pressure and pain, sometimes going 8 days at a time, that problem seems to have subsided for which I am very grateful. But while that doesn't keep me up late up night, our rowdy neighbors sure do! It's party season in the city and every night of the week, Baby D. is kept entertained by Salsa and Reggaeton, if not pot fumes and raucous screaming. While walking around, I sometimes get a spastic sensation that baby is going to push out the bottom, but mostly I am content with my hands resting on my tummy and my bladder only feeling like it's being karate-kicked a few times an hour. At this point, the pounds are piling on, or so it feels, but apart from my growing thighs which I read on Ali's blog are somehow related to breast-feeding, it seems like Junior is taking most of them. I'm glad to report that Steve says my belly still sounds like Angel Falls is in there, and even happier to say that my 'bunny hole' is holding on for dear life. That's what a good innie will do for you! It's an amazing adventure, but I'll gladly let it end for the best part to begin. With our last ultrasound this Saturday, we are hoping to be able to meet this little one very, very soon. HOORAY!!

0 comments:



Popular Posts

Go back in Dosch time...